How to make a French Press in 6 Easy Steps.
The French press coffee-brewing method is a favorite among coffee lovers. What stands out about this method is its ability to bring out of the beans that rich, complex flavors.
These are the six simple steps you need to follow to make a French press using freshly ground beans:
1. Add coarsely ground coffee, preferably freshly roasted and ground, to your carafe. Use one tablespoon per serving.
2. Boil the water in a kettle, then allow it to cool to 205°F. You’ll need one cup per tablespoon of grounds.
3. Pour about half the water into your French press and allow the coffee to bloom for one minute.
4. Add the remaining hot water, then let it sit for at least three minutes to allow the coffee to steep. If you want a strong brew, you can let it steep a little longer.
5. Press the plunger gently, using just the weight of your hand, as far as it will go.
6. Serve immediately for the best flavor.
Fancy making a French-Press? You can start by getting the freshly roasted Yirgachaffe beans from African Coffee Club.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY • 50% OFF • USE CODE: YIRGACHEFFE • EXPIRES AUG 31
Amount: 12oz. (About 25 cups)
Process: Natural, Hand-Processed
Altitude: 1,500 - 2,800m
Drying Method: Sun-dried on raised beds
Certification: Direct Trade
Cupping: Grapes, Dark Chocolate, Sweet, Creamy Body
Description: We have nicknamed this Yirgacheffe “Mokamba.” It is a blend of coffees from three regions. Primarily, it's coffee from the Kambata region—which is known for the production of ginger—blended with special preparations from Sidamo and also Wolyata. The cherries, Arabica heirlooms, are farmed at altitudes ranging from 1,500 to 1,800 masl. After harvesting, which takes place between October and December, the cherries are patio dried. The three green coffees are carefully balanced to create a harmonious natural–process profile, with hints of sweet berry, grape and chocolate, as well as a creamy body.
If you are looking for the best whole bean coffee, we highly recommend this Ethiopian Yirgacheffe or “Mokamba".’
African Coffee Club is a coffee subscription club for the best, quality whole bean coffee. You can subscribe to get the best available African beans on a regular basis, or you can buy a single bag and experience the aroma and distinct flavors of our coffee.